Sunday, May 23, 2010

Next Stop: New Jersey

We finally received word on what day we'll end up moving to the next location. The last few days of June will be our last days here. That means I have to start packing soon. I've got a few days off (lovely how part time employment does that to you) so I plan to start this week. Our pantry closet has become the catch-all for empty boxes and "stuff." It's like our own little mini storage unit. It's a mess, really.

I'm not too terribly excited about going to NJ. I guess I'm more resigned. I'm looking forward to meeting new people but I hate having to learn where everything is all over again. I'm terrible with directions and being in a new place always makes me a little nervous at first.

I'm scouting out apartments right now. The location we're being sent to has one of the highest crime rates in the state so I've been looking for bordering towns that have lower statistics. It's hard to do just using a map online. I wish I knew someone who lived in the area and could give me some advice about the best places to live.

We will be fairly close to the Philadelphia airport, which is nice. Southwest flies to Philly, so that means better rates on tickets to Nashville and I just prefer flying with Southwest instead of other airlines.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear G-d... they're sending you to CAMDEN??? You poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This web site has a lot of useful info. http://tinyurl.com/2be9lql

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, Tony. :)

    We won't be quite as far up as Camden, but we'll be pretty close. His work is actually south Jersey. I'm just trying to get as far out of the ghetto as possible!

    ReplyDelete