Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Temps in the 60's? Is this a cruel joke?

It's beginning to warm up around here, finally. I didn't think it would actually get above a Tennessee spring temperature up here in the tundra, but apparently it does. Forecast is for the high 60's this weekend. Up here, anything above 50 feels absolutely amazing when the sun is shining. I'm not sure why a low temperature feels warmer here, but it does.

My sister and her husband and children visited me a few weeks ago. We had a great time and went to Niagara Falls and into Canada for a few days. We spent a night in Toronto. It's a really neat city. I hope someday to go back there and also to visit Montreal. Even the road trip part wasn't too bad... except for the karaoke!

Niagara Falls was the only real vacation destination my mother ever went to as a child. It felt like she was there with me on this trip. I would have given anything to have been able to share this moment with her, but it still felt special knowing I was somewhere she had really loved being.

3 comments:

  1. Shhh! Nice springs are the secret of the North! Don't let others know about that!

    It's nice that you'd think about your mom at the Falls. I'm sure she was sitting there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love big cities. I really want to go to Toronto. Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete