Sunday, January 24, 2010

Living Without Boundaries

Most of the people who know me well know that I am a person who doesn't like to categorize people. I've never been what one would consider racist or sexist or elitist. I feel that everyone, no matter skin color or education level or sex, deserves an opportunity to be great.

Somehow, though, I have found myself referring to the people who live here as northerners and myself as a southerner. As if there is a difference in who we are because of that.

So, my goal during all this moving around that we are going to do, is to stop putting people into a box because of where they live. I'm not going to conform or try to change who I am or what I look like to fit in, but I eventually will stop noticing that there is such a big difference between them and myself.

I realize that there are customs and rules that are going to be different here versus in TN and I just need to buck up and get over it. I'm still going to write about those things here, because it will be on my mind. I'll just try to do less complaining, because we can all do with less complaining in our lives.

I told my sister today that I'm cutting out some of the people in my life. If someone isn't a positive force to be around, then they are a negative one and I do not need negative influences around me. That goes for that negative part of myself as well.

1 comment:

  1. Us yankees ain't so bad once you get to know us. I hope you give us a chance to prove that.

    ReplyDelete